Why is it advisable to keep glucose tablets with me if I have diabetes?

There may be times when your blood glucose level plummets and it is difficult to make it to the refrigerator for orange juice. Glucose tablets are easy to handle and they work within minutes. And you are less likely to overcompensate and eat too many glucose tablets because they don’t seem like candy. Try a few different kinds of fruit-flavored tablets to find the one that tastes best to you. The tablets come with varying amounts of glucose. Check the label to see how much to take.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

9 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Dry Skin
9 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Dry Skin
If you have diabetes, it’s important to keep your skin healthy, moisturized and clean to avoid infections. But winter can pose some additional challen...
How do I choose blood glucose goals if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
There are many factors to consider in setting your personal glucose goals: your age how long you...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Diabetes and Your Sex Life
Diabetes and Your Sex Life