Are foods high in corn syrup bad for diabetics?

If the corn industry/lobbying groups that advertise on TV are to be believed, then "corn syrup vs. sugar - your body can't tell the difference." So, it is bad for diabetics except in very low quantities (basically a little when you don't know it's in something might be ok but avoid it if possible). Just try to avoid sugar and corn syrup - the latter whether you're diabetic or not. 

Continue Learning about Diabetes

About Diabetes and Glucose
About Diabetes and Glucose
When a person has diabetes, levels of glucose (also called blood sugar) are too high. Learn what is happening at the cellular level when a person has ...
What drugs can help people with type 2 diabetes produce more insulin?
Medications used to manage type 2 diabetes can be divided into two groups: those that augment your o...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Should I Test My Blood Sugar Every Day?
Should I Test My Blood Sugar Every Day?