How much meat should I eat to help prevent diabetes?

If you're like most people, a meat-based main course takes up half of your dinner plate. To side-step diabetes, adjust that approach. At least half your plate should be produce. The other half can be divided between protein, such as lean chicken, and high-fiber starches, such as whole-wheat pasta or potatoes with the skin.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

You Are What You Drink - And It’s Not What You Think
Celebrity endorsements for soda have been around for years. Remember Mean Joe Green’s 1979 ad for the softer side of Coke? Ever see Norman Rockwell’s ...
Can diet and exercise reduce my risk for diabetes?
Amy CampbellAmy Campbell
Yes! In fact, a large study, called the Diabetes Prevention Program, showed just that. Participants ...
How can I change my diet to lower diabetes risk?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Reducing fried, fatty foods and sugar can reduce your risk of diabetes. A healthy diet, rich in frui...
What Is Community-Based Diabetes Care?
What Is Community-Based Diabetes Care?