How much meat should I eat to help prevent diabetes?

If you're like most people, a meat-based main course takes up half of your dinner plate. To side-step diabetes, adjust that approach. At least half your plate should be produce. The other half can be divided between protein, such as lean chicken, and high-fiber starches, such as whole-wheat pasta or potatoes with the skin.

Continue Learning about Diabetes Prevention

3 Tips to Defeat Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes
Prediabetes and diabetes are rampant in the U.S., so in 2016, we offered several tips to help you get a handle on your glucose levels, if your blood s...
How can I change my diet to lower diabetes risk?
By now it’s no surprise that diabetes and diet are closely related. These three simple diet tweaks m...
What are good sources of fiber if I want to help prevent diabetes?
Focus on foods your body digests slowly so blood sugar is released into your bloodstream gradual...
How Does Movement Play Into the Obesity Crisis?