How soon after taking Permethrin will my symptoms improve?

If you are taking Permethrin for head lice, you may feel relief soon after your shampoo. However, because the mites might still be in the scalp, itching may continue for up to one week. If you are taking Permethrin for scabies, it may take as long as two to four weeks before you feel relief from the intense itching. This is probably because, even though the insects and the eggs are dead, your body still has an allergic reaction to them.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
What should I know before taking a direct vasodilator?
If you have known or suspected coronary artery disease, hydralazine may not be a good option for you...
How effective are benzodiazepines for treating insomnia?
Benzodiazepines are effective for helping people with insomnia fall asleep faster and sleep longer. ...
What are oral corticosteroids?
Oral corticosteroids, such as prednisone, are man-made versions of hormones made by the body's adren...