What should I do after I use permethrin?

After you use permethrin, you should wash the clothes, bed sheets and towels that you used over the last two days. Use hot water in the washing machine or dry clean them. Make sure to use your dryer's hottest setting for at least 20 minutes. Use rubbing alcohol to clean your bathtub, shower and toilets. Talk to your doctor about other precautions to take after using permethrin.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
How effective are topical corticosteroids at treating psoriasis?
Corticosteroid drugs are very effective for short-term treatment. The effectiveness of higher-streng...
How effective are direct vasodilators?
Minoxidil is more potent than hydralazine. It is effective for more than 75% of people whose blood p...
What are topical calcineurin inhibitors?
Topical calcineurin inhibitors are drugs that are applied directly to the skin in the form of an oin...