What should I avoid while using pyrethrin-piperonyl?

When using pyrethrin-piperonyl, you should avoid getting the medication in your eyes, mouth, nose or vagina. If you are a parent using this medication on a child, be sure they do not rub the medication in their eyes or mouth. You should use pyrethrin-piperonyl in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling it. After using the medication and combing the lice out of your hair, avoid touching anything until your hands have been washed. Avoid sharing personal items or having intimate contact with other people until you know the parasite is gone and that all your linens and personal care items are clean.

Continue Learning about Dermatological Agent

Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
Why You Should Steer Clear of Triclosan
What do credit cards, hockey helmets, kids’ toys, trashcans, toothpaste, deodorants and shaving creams have in common? They could all contain triclosa...
What should I know before taking benzodiazepines?
If you have thoughts of suicide, a benzodiazepine may not be a good option for you. If you take a b...
What should I know before using topical corticosteroids?
If you have an immune system problem or are undergoing immunosuppressive therapy, a topical corticos...
What should I know before taking inhaled corticosteroids?
Inhaled corticosteroids have not been proven to be safe and effective for children of all ages. They...