What is negative air ionization?

This new non-photic antidepressant modality, discovered in the 1990's by Columbia researchers, has proved superior to placebo in five separate clinical trials of seasonal and non-seasonal depression. Ion exposure from a small electronic device is imperceptible and can be given while asleep or awake. Although we do not yet know how negative air ionization works, we do know it is safe and clinically effective. There are cases when this method has succeeded when drugs and light have not.

Continue Learning about Depression Treatment

The Powerful Benefit of Combining Exercise and Meditation for Depression
Photo Credit: Spirit-Fire, via Flickr Creative Commons In the Ornish Reversal Program (Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation) we talk about the power of t...
Can ADHD medication treat depression?
There are different types of medications that are used to treat ADHD. Some of these medications ...
How do I know as a caregiver if I need an antidepressant?
Helen Lavretsky, MDHelen Lavretsky, MD
As a caregiver, you may need an antidepressant if you’re very depressed. See your physician or menta...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?