What is oral pathology in dentistry?

Oral pathology is the specialty of dentistry and discipline of pathology that deals with the nature, identification, and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions (the mouth and jaw areas). It is a science that investigates the causes, processes, and effects of these diseases. The practice of oral pathology includes research and diagnosis of diseases using clinical, radiographic, microscopic, biochemical, or other examinations.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health 8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
Stop throwing mints at the problem—find out what's causing your bad breath.  By Rose Hayes Your breath can tell a lot about your health, from clues ...
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile7 Steps to a Beautiful Smile
Get a gorgeous grin with these simple tips from leading dentists. Flashing a big, beautiful smile can work wonders. For one thing, it's contagious. St...
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?