What are the most common reasons people get dentures?

There are many reasons for getting dentures:

• loss of all natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay or injury
  • benefit your appearance and restore your smile
  • fill out the appearance of your face and profile, as without teeth facial muscles can sag
  • eat and speak better than you could without teeth
People may get dentures for a variety of reasons. Most commonly, people want to get dentures to improve their appearance. If people are missing all of their teeth, they often look older and their faces look shorter and more "hollow." Dentures help make people look younger, and they help fill out facial features. People who are missing a significant number of teeth may also want dentures to help them eat and speak more easily.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Keep Your Smile Bright, No Dentist Needed
Love coffee and tea? But afraid they may be trashing your teeth? No worries. Sure, they leave stains, but sports drinks and bubbly sodas actually wear...
Protect Your Teeth and Gums From Diabetes
"The bacteria that live in your mouth love sugar," explains William DeVizio, DMD. "People with diabetes often have higher levels of sugar in their bod...
Top Foods That Cause Plaque—and Cavities
I’m trying to teach my toddler how to brush her teeth. She only has seven teeth, and the “brushing” isn’t the most productive (if I turn away, she tri...
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums