How are mucopolysaccharides used to treat skin?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Mucopolysaccharides, a large class of ingredients known as glycosaminoglycans, are excellent moisturizing ingredients because of their water-binding capacity. Mucopolysaccharides include hyaluronic acid, naturally found in skin tissue.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Americans Are Still Tanning Indoors—Here’s Why It’s So Bad for Your Health
In the summer, many people love basking in the sun and soaking up some rays, but to get that sun-kissed glow during the cooler months, some are still ...
How often should I change my skin-care routine?
Your skin is not likely to get used to a product’s ingredients in a way that decreases its effective...
What types of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) can be found in skincare products?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
If your product contains one of the following ingredients, it contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA)...
The Benefits of Moisturizing
The Benefits of Moisturizing