Health Benefits of Biking
Riding a bicycle is one of the best forms of aerobic exercise, particularly if you are new to exercising. Because cycling doesn’t put a lot of stress on your joints, it’s a low-impact way to stay fit as you age. And studies have shown that riding a bike for as little as five minutes a day can help you control your weight.Read more
Can Cycling Wear Out Your Joints?Find Out
Leg Pain?Find out what may be causing your leg problem
The number of calories burned in an hour
of off-road cycling
National Academy of Sports Medicine
Mark Moyad, MD, MPH
University of Michigan Medical Center
Can bike riding affect my sex life?
There is a possibility that bike riding can cause erectile dysfunction, however, I would not lose sleep over this. You can purchase a well-fitted bike that makes riding easier on the delicate areas . . .
- Q What is proper etiquette for a group ride?
- Q What do I need to know to ride safely in a group?
- Q What should I do if I know I'm about to get dropped while riding?
- Q What are the physiological benefits of long endurance rides?
- Q How can I do interval training on a road or mountain bike?
- Q What do I need to know before trying an indoor cycling class?
- Q Is it as effective to train on a stationary bike as on a road bike?
- Q What are the disadvantages of cycling?
- Q What are sub-threshold rides?
- Q How often should I take a break during long rides?
Recent Cycling Articles
Bike Accidents are Up for Adults, Down for Kids Bike to Work - But Wear Your Helmet Give Cycling a Try The More We Move, the More We Improve See All Articles