What do I do if exercise triggers my cyclic rosacea?

Because exercise causes physical strain and flushing, it is a common trigger for cyclic rosacea flare-ups. Exercise is important for good health, though, so it's unwise to avoid exercise altogether.

What you can do is try to keep your exercises at a lower intensity level. Work out in cooler environments so that you won't overheat. You can also exercise more frequently for shorter periods of time, or try low-intensity exercises like walking or swimming. Try yoga, which also helps reduce stress that can lead to flare-ups. Make sure to stay well hydrated, too.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

Do the same triggers cause flare-ups for everyone with cyclic rosacea?
Cyclic rosacea is a very personalized condition. Common triggers are wind and sun exposure, alcohol ...
Are there different treatments for very severe cases of cyclic rosacea?
Most cases of cyclic rosacea can be helped by topical treatments and oral antibiotics. But occasiona...
Are cyclic rosacea and adult acne the same thing?
Even though rosacea is sometimes called "adult acne," rosacea and acne are actually separate problem...
What increases my risk for cyclic rosacea?
Doctors are still unsure about what causes cyclic rosacea, but they have found that some people are ...