How will cyclic rosacea affect my quality of life?

Cyclic rosacea won't seriously threaten your health, but it can affect your self-esteem. Because rosacea affects a person's facial appearance, people who have rosacea often become embarrassed about how they look. They might become more introverted and avoid going out in public. In fact, in a survey, 41 percent of responders said that they had canceled a social engagement because of their rosacea. On the bright side, 70 percent of responders said that they gained back social confidence and self-esteem after receiving treatment.

Continue Learning about Cyclic Rosacea

If I have cyclic rosacea, am I more likely to get other skin diseases?
There is no evidence to suggest that having rosacea makes you more at risk for any other skin diseas...
Can cyclic rosacea be prevented?
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent cyclic rosacea. But once you have the condition, there are...
Are there different treatments for very severe cases of cyclic rosacea?
Most cases of cyclic rosacea can be helped by topical treatments and oral antibiotics. But occasiona...
How is cyclic rosacea diagnosed?
There is no definitive test that will tell you whether or not you have the condition. Therefore, whe...