What happens if Cushing's syndrome is left untreated?

In general, if Cushing's syndrome is not treated with the appropriate operation, the disease will get worse. As the signs and symptoms worsen, the patient's overall health can deteriorate. In particular, the worsening diabetes and high blood pressure can cause severe problems that may lead to strokes and heart attacks. Other potential side effects are an inability to heal injuries and fight infection (immunosuppression).

Continue Learning about Cushing's Syndrome

What are the risk factors for Cushing's syndrome?
Susie WhitworthSusie Whitworth
The risk factors of Cushing's syndrome include: type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure an...
What are the signs and symptoms of Cushing's syndrome?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The signs and symptoms of Cushing's syndrome vary, but most people with the syndrome have upper body...
Does Cushing's syndrome cause any complications?
There are several complications that can be caused by Cushing's syndrome if the illness is left untr...
Should I talk to my doctor about my Cushing's syndrome symptoms?
Yes, you should express your concerns to your doctor. It is likely that your regular doctor will sen...