What role do nursing directors and managers play in the NICU?

Nursing directors and managers supervise all nurses and clerks in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU). If you have a problem that can’t be solved by speaking with other nursing staff, ask to speak to the nursing director.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
What types of ailments are handled in an emergency room (ER)?
Melissa TaylorMelissa Taylor
I agree with my colleagues that any and all physical ailments can be emergently evaluated, and treat...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
How Has Critical Care Changed?
How Has Critical Care Changed?