EMS stands for Emergency Medical Services. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provide out of hospital care for those with an illness or an injury. EMS operates with a number of different types of healthcare providers including emergency medical technicians, paramedics, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and occasionally physicians. EMS primarily operates using ambulances but can operate using helicopters or other types of transport vehicles.
- Q Will the EMT accompany my loved one into the ER?
- Q What kind of illness or injury does a pediatric intensivist treat?
- Q What will happen if I go to the ER for a heart attack but it's indigestion?
- Q Does EMS take a person to the trauma center or ER?
- Q When should I call 911 for my child?
- Q When should I go to urgent care versus the emergency department?