What do doctors in an orthopedic trauma practice do?

Doctors in an orthopedic trauma practice treat people with broken bones and other musculoskeletal injuries, not just at the time of the injury but also later in life when problems may develop that are associated with those injuries. They also treat the complications associated with the injury.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
What can I expect when I arrive at the emergency room (ER)?
Dr. Kathleen Handal, MDDr. Kathleen Handal, MD
When you arrive at the emergency room (ER) by ambulance, emergency medical services (EMS) will have ...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
Is Medicine More Art or Science?
Is Medicine More Art or Science?