What are the benefits of Level II trauma centers?

Level II trauma centers provide comprehensive care for acute trauma patients and have immediate access to operating rooms and more.

Level I and Level II centers are defined as definitive trauma care facilities. Definitive trauma care centers must be able to provide full services to trauma patients within the facility. Level II centers are not required to, but may, provide definitive care for pediatrics, serious burns and reimplantation of limbs.

The benefits of Level II trauma centers include the following:

• Level II trauma centers are able to initiate definitive care for all injured patients.
  • They have 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as specialists in orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care.
  • They provide trauma prevention and continuing education programs for staff.
  • They incorporate a comprehensive quality assessment program.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

What if my child’s condition worsens while we're waiting in the ER?
If your child’s symptoms have worsened while you’ve been waiting to be seen, tell the triage nurse, ...
What common household accidents could send me to the emergency room (ER)?
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center - HCA East FloridaAventura Hospital and Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Common household accidents that could send you to the emergency room (ER) include: lacerations yo...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What are the Main Differences Between Inpatient and Outpatient Care?