What is the role of ICU pharmacists on the critical care team?

In general, the ICU pharmacists ensure that patients receive the right drug at the right time and the right dose. They monitor side effects and effectiveness of drug treatment in order to achieve the best outcomes. They are part of the ICU team and often attend rounds and advise doctors on the best drug regimen. Some ICU pharmacists may specialize in certain areas such as infectious diseases, pain management, intravenous nutrition, and heart disease.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
If I cut myself and am bleeding profusely, do I call 911or my doctor?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
If you are bleeding profusely, call 911 immediately.
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?