Will my primary care doctor talk to my critical care practitioner about me?

Tamla Wells
Critical Care Nursing

The primary care doctor can speak to the critical care doctor with your written permission, to discuss your plan of care. HIPAA Privacy Rule provides federal protection for personal health information, and therefore, a release of information form must be completed by you or your legal proxy to allow communication between an independent primary care doctor and the critical care doctor. The primary care doctor may be able to provide additional information about your medical history, which may contribute to the current plan of care.  

Continue Learning about Critical Care

Does Your ER Make the Grade? How the U.S. Rates
If you have an emergency, you assume that your 911 services and ER will be ready to take care of you, right?  But what if they aren’t? Unfortunately, ...
When should I go to the emergency room (ER) for flu symptoms?
You don't need to go to the emergency room, or ER, for flu symptoms (muscle aches, headache, fever, ...
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest.
What Are the Limitations of Computers in Medicine?