What should I do if a doctor refuses to do my cosmetic surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Each week I refuse to operate on patients for cosmetic surgery due unrealistic expectations, psychological reasons, or just not an appropriate candidate for the surgery. We board-certified plastic surgeons have the responsibility to provide ethical and care that meets the high standards of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. 
Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
If you are not a good candidate for cosmetic surgery, a doctor who saves you from going under the knife is doing you a great service. You should heed that advice well, and think carefully before shopping around for another surgeon who is willing to accept your risks. The benefits of surgery should far outweigh the risks. When the risks rise, as in a patient with diabetes, heart disease, or another chronic or emotional illness, the chance of a problem after surgery increases. And sometimes those problems could result in spiraling complications or even death.

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Skin Removal Surgery After Weight Loss
Congratulations on losing weight! Unfortunately, your battle of the bulge may not be over just yet. That’s because substantial weight loss can leave b...
How is chin implant surgery performed?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
A chin implant can be performed under local or general anesthesia. A three centimeter-long incis...
How is the popularity of plastic surgery changing in Hollywood?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Hollywood is finally realizing that overdone plastic surgery does not look normal. And so casting ca...
What Are the Health and Safety Concerns About Butt Enhancement Injections?