What are my options if I am unhappy with my breast implants?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Patient who are unhappy with any surgical procedure should discuss the results with their surgeon. It is important that a reasonable period of time after surgery has elapsed for swelling and edema to resolve prior to making final determinations as to the results. There is a difference between poor results and postoperative complication that may occur requiring a revision surgery. With breast augmentation, board-certified plastic surgeons have the experience and judgment to place implants in the appropriate pocket. However, patients may have complications immediately out of surgery which could include bleeding and/or infection which could thereby lead to the removal of the implant and/or secondary surgery for scar tissue formation down the road. A poor result, again, does not in itself mean that there has been negligence by your surgeon. First, speak to your doctor candidly regarding the results and your concerns. If he or she will not answer your questions or does not make you comfortable with repair of this breast enhancement procedure, then seek other board-certified plastic surgeons that are specialists in breast revision surgery. We perform hundreds of breast revision surgeries here in my Beverly Hills practice. Specialists are those who repair a surgical result week after week after week of the same nature.

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

How Is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
How Is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Why Would Someone Opt for a Tummy Tuck When They Have Breast Reconstruction?
How can I ensure that I have a safe cosmetic surgery?
What Are the Psychological After-Effects of Plastic Surgery?