What is the difference between liposculpture and liposuction?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
I frequently get asked what the difference is between liposculpture and liposuction. The truth of the matter is, they are relatively the same thing. The difference is in the degree of involvement. Liposuction involves the removal of fat with a cannula. A cannula is a metal rod with holes at the end that is attached to a vacuum suction in order to suction fat from the deep fat areas of the body. Body contouring is a bit more involved. It entails a combination of procedures, including removal of skin and fat from different parts of the body, such as a tummy tuck, breast lift, and/or breast reduction.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Cosmetic Surgery

what are some types of cosmetic surgery for wounds ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Types of cosmetic surgery for wounds include secondary intention, debridement and advancement flap c...
how common are calf , buttock , and male pectoral implants ?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Despite the hype about calf, buttock, and male pectoral implants, most plastic surgeons do not p...
how is liposuction different for men compared to women ?
Liposuction in men can be a little more difficult than in women, because sometimes the fat is mo...
how can i protect myself from unlicensed practitioners and medical scams ?