Should I talk to my doctor about a coma?

A coma is a medical emergency. If you suspect that someone is falling into a coma, seek immediate medical attention. Gather all relevant information regarding the person's physical condition including previously diagnosed illness, injuries, medications, and lifestyle habits.

Continue Learning about Coma

How do I manage a coma on a daily basis?
A person who is in a comatose state needs to be monitored by medical professionals. Managing a coma ...
What is a coma?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
A coma is a deep unconsciousness. The word comes from a Greek word meaning "state of sleep." But bei...
Does a coma affect children differently than adults?
A coma occurs when an illness or injury causes severe damage to some part of the brain. Children may...
What is the difference between stupor and coma?
A coma is when a person is completely unresponsive and cannot be aroused for a significant length of...