Can a coma be prevented?

A coma can be triggered by illness or injury. Preventing a coma resulting from illness could involve taking care of yourself to avoid complications like a diabetic coma. Preventing coma from injury could involve taking precautions when engaging in behavior that would put you at risk. One of the leading causes of coma is traffic accidents, so be certain to follow traffic and safety laws. Research at medical institutions focuses on prevention and treatment options.

Continue Learning about Coma

Should I talk to my doctor about a coma?
A coma is a medical emergency. If you suspect that someone is falling into a coma, seek immediate me...
What are the symptoms of coma?
A person who is in a coma cannot be aroused. Their eyes remain closed, and their heart and circulati...
Is a coma serious?
A coma is a life-threatening emergency requiring immediate medical attention. Because a coma may be ...
What is the difference between stupor and coma?
A coma is when a person is completely unresponsive and cannot be aroused for a significant length of...