Colon cancer can cause a person to feel tired or weak, lose weight, and have general discomfort in their digestive system and bowel movements. In the later stages of colon cancer, the cancer can spread beyond the rectum into other parts of the body. In stage III colon cancer, the lymph nodes that reside nearby are infected. In the final stage of colon cancer, stage IV, the cancer has spread to other organs, such as the liver or lungs.
- Q How often do I need to be screened for colon cancer?
- Q What are the chances of surviving colon and rectal cancer?
- Q At what age should I get tested for colon cancer?
- Q What are the T categories for colorectal cancer?
- Q What is colon cancer?
- Q How important is colon cancer screening?