How invasive is surgery for colorectal cancer?

In the last 30 years, less invasive surgery options for colorectal cancer have been developed, eliminating the need for a colostomy. Advantages of less invasive surgery are shorter recovery, smaller incisions, less pain, and less time off work. For colon cancer, a segmented resection is often performed, in which the cancerous section is cut out and the ends are spliced together.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer Treatment

When should I call my doctor if I have colorectal cancer?
You should call your doctor if you have symptoms of colorectal cancer if you have never been diagnos...
Can colon cancer come back after treatment?
It is possible for colon cancer to return after treatment. This is known as recurrent colon cancer. ...
What Is the Succes Rate of Treating Colon Cancer If Caught Early?
Are Colon Screenings Necessary After Colon Cancer Surgery?