Can weight loss reduce my risk of colon growths?

Weight loss can help reduce your risk of colon polyps (or growths), as can regular physical activity and a high-fiber/low-fat diet. Many studies have found that colon cancer may be more common in obese men and women. There is also a strong relationship between having a high hip-to-waist measurement and the number of polyps found in the colon on screening tests.  

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer Prevention

Can surgery help to prevent colon cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you have a very high risk of developing colon cancer, your doctor may advise surgery. These high ...
Can the right diet help prevent colon cancer?
Randall Holcombe, MDRandall Holcombe, MD
Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grain foods, and limiting the amount of red and proce...
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Colon Cancer?
Eat Broccoli for a Happy Colon
Eat Broccoli for a Happy Colon