What happens if a colonoscopy shows that I have cancer?

If a colonoscopy reveals cancer, when the biopsy results return, you will have a surgical consultation. The majority of colon cancers require surgery, which is frequently performed laparoscopically. Any additional testing that is required will be discussed with you during the consultation.

Continue Learning about Colon Cancer Diagnosis

Why You Shouldn’t Put Off Colonoscopies
Why You Shouldn’t Put Off Colonoscopies
After contracting with a publisher to write The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Victor Hugo procrastinated writing it for more than a year. Finally, six mont...
What blood tests will I have to help diagnose colorectal cancer?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Your doctor may also order certain blood tests to help determine if you have colorectal cancer or to...
Is a colonoscopy the only test for colon cancer?
Sunrise Hospital & Medical CenterSunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Colonoscopy is still the gold standard for screening for colon cancer. There's new testing that chec...
How Is Colon Cancer Diagnosed?
How Is Colon Cancer Diagnosed?