While we lack solid evidence showing resveratrol’s effectiveness in natural dietary supplements, we do have substantiation that resveratrol works in red wine. Researchers have also found that resveratrol blocks the activation of the COX-2 enzyme, the real culprit in igniting inflammation and pain in the body. Some believe that resveratrol may turn out to be an improvement over aspirin in treating painful diseases associated with COX-2, such as osteoarthritis.
- Q What are the health benefits of drinking red wine?
- Q Are some types of red wine healthier than others?
- Q Why do they call wine for heart health the “French Paradox”?
- Q Does beer have the same benefits as wine when it comes to heart health?
- Q Why is red wine beneficial to my health?
- Q Does drinking a lot improve heart health?