While we lack solid evidence showing resveratrol’s effectiveness in natural dietary supplements, we do have substantiation that resveratrol works in red wine. Researchers have also found that resveratrol blocks the activation of the COX-2 enzyme, the real culprit in igniting inflammation and pain in the body. Some believe that resveratrol may turn out to be an improvement over aspirin in treating painful diseases associated with COX-2, such as osteoarthritis.
- Q Why do they call wine for heart health the “French Paradox”?
- Q What are the health benefits of red wine?
- Q Should I start drinking for heart health if I don't drink?
- Q Why is red wine beneficial to my health?
- Q Does white wine provide the same heart benefits as red wine?
- Q Is red wine as good for me as I have read?