Who are maternal-fetal medicine physicians?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians are specialists in the OB-GYN field. They receive 3 additional years of schooling in high-risk obstetrics, in addition to the 4 years received in residency. They are experts in managing/treating women with pre-eclampsia, diabetes in pregnancy, and pregnancies with more than one baby. 

Continue Learning about Choosing A Practitioner & Pregnancy

what is the midwifery model of maternity care ?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The classic midwifery model is based on the assumption that most pregnancies, labors, and births are...
how should i choose a practitioner and a place for my child birth ?
Choose your birth attendants and place of birth with care, because where you give birth and who atte...
why is it important to trust my doctor during pregnancy ?
There are a handful of things you can control during labor and delivery - such as who accompanies yo...
what to consider when selecting a hospital for giving birth ?
If you are considering giving birth in a particular hospital, look at its Website and/or go on a tou...