What dental problems are most likely to occur in my child?

Tooth decay, or cavities, are the most common problem that affect children's teeth. By the age of five, half of all children have one or more cavities. Cavities are fairly common even earlier in life, though. More than a quarter of all three year-olds have one or more cavities and ten percent of all one year-olds do.
Cavities are most common among children. In fact it's more common than asthma. That's why it's important to start a good oral health care routine at an early age.

Continue Learning about Children's Oral Health

Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
Ask the Expert: Dental Tips for Kids
The first smile ... the first tooth ... the first time the baby happily noshes away on his morning oatmeal. All of these are lovely milestones that pa...
Avoid These Toxins to Protect Your Child's Teeth
The WBA heavyweight title fight in June, 1997 will always be referred to as “The Bite Fight,” because Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield’s e...
Do missing teeth (edentulism) affect children differently than adults?
Edentulism is mostly found in adults, particularly the elderly. This is thought to occur because of ...
Why should I take my child to the dentist before school starts?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Seeing the dentist before sending your child back to school is a good idea. Watch as Dr. Maria L...