What are some anger triggers for teens?

We all have buttons that when pushed lead to anger. Some people call these buttons "pet peeves" or "triggers." No matter what you call them, as a teen it's important that you identify the things that bug you and head them off before your anger builds. Here are some examples of things others do that may push your buttons:
  • Nag you
  • Tell others something you told them in confidence
  • Try to boss you around
  • Accuse you of something you didn't do
  • Invade your space
  • Accuse you of saying something you didn't say
  • Make repetitive noises
  • Borrow something of yours without permission
  • Borrow something of yours and ruin it
  • Write nasty things about you
  • Go through your things
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Children's Emotional Health

Why is my child so negative?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Your child is so negative because he may be perfectionistic and/or pessimistic in his view of himsel...
What affects children's happiness?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Just like with an adult, half of a child's happiness is determined by natural temperament. Social re...
How Can My Child or Teen Take Control of His Emotions?
What Harm Can Sexualization of Young Girls Cause?