How do emotions play a role in a child's learning?

One of the emotional centers of our brain, the amygdala, helps children learn by forming emotional attachments to information they process -- whether good, bad, scary, or silly. That’s an important lesson for all parents: If you want to teach your child and maintain his interest, you need to tickle the learning centers of his brain.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Children's Emotional Health

What should I do if my child's insensitively continues?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
If your child continues to display insensitivity towards others’ feelings, then it’s time to set...
Can a child use mindfulness to deal with a mental health problem?
UCLA Mindful Awareness Research CenterUCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
Mindfulness can be taught to children. Most research on mindfulness has been done with adults, but c...
How Can My Child or Teen Take Control of His Emotions?
What Harm Can Sexualization of Young Girls Cause?