What type of cancer is most common in adolescents?

Dr. Richard Ricciardi
Advanced Practice Nursing Specialist
Leukemia and Lymphoma, followed by germ cell tumors (cancers that begin in cells that give rise to sperm or eggs, such as testicular cancer) are the most common types of cancers in adolescents. If you are an adolescent, be sure to wear sun screen when out in the sun to reduce the risk of getting melanoma (cancer of the skin).

Continue Learning about Children & Teens With Cancer

Is consumption of nitrates linked to major childhood cancers?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
There is enough evidence linking the consumption of nitrates to a significantly increased risk of th...
What is pediatric oncology?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Pediatric oncology is a field of medicine focusing on the the diagnosis and treatment of childhood c...
How can I prevent my child from getting an infection during chemotherapy?
If your child is receiving chemotherapy, diligent handwashing and limiting his or her exposure to ot...
How has childhood cancer incidence and survival changed?
Over the past 20 years, there has been some increase in the incidence of children diagnosed with all...