What is a pack eater?

The pack eater is consciously aware of his or her strategy. They might not be too stressed out over the decision to take 3 or 4 cookies because “they eat healthy on a regular basis.” They might also consider it socially obligatory when everyone else is splurging on the sugars. But the advice I would give them is the same advice I’d give all the other secret eaters: find a healthy substitute, enforce limits, and displace emotional turmoil or stress with physical activity such as exercise.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating Disorders

Why Obese Young Adults Need Treatment for Eating Disorders
Ranker’s top 10 movies about eating disorders all focus on girls driven to become too thin. No wonder most people equate the phrase “eating disorder” ...
What should I expect from an appointment about eating disorders?
The first thing you should know when you go to an appointment to diagnose eating disorders is that t...
What questions should I ask my doctor about eating disorders?
Review the following questions to ask about eating disorders so you're prepared to discuss this impo...
What's the Difference Between Overeating and Binge Eating Disorder?