How do I know if my child is due for a measles vaccine?

The recommended schedule of vaccines for most children includes two doses of a measles-containing vaccine (typically the MMR vaccine that protects against measles, mumps and rubella) separated by at least four weeks between doses. The first dose of MMR vaccine is routinely given at 1 year of age and the second dose is given at age 4 to 6 years, before a child enters kindergarten or first grade. The best way to know when your child is due for vaccines is to see a provider (typically a pediatrician or family doctor) for routine well-child checkup visits throughout childhood.

Continue Learning about Childhood Vaccinations

Why Children Need Vaccinations
Why Children Need Vaccinations
Frighteningly, 2014 has been quite a year for outbreaks of preventable diseases. In the U.S. we’ve seen record numbers of measles cases—593 as of Augu...
What are my options when it comes to vaccinating my child?
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides a schedule for immunizations that lists which shots s...
Childhood Vaccination Checklist
Childhood Vaccination ChecklistChildhood Vaccination ChecklistChildhood Vaccination ChecklistChildhood Vaccination Checklist
There has been some debate about vaccines in the media. Learn all about childhood vaccinations, including risks and vaccine safety.
Do Vaccination Benefits Outweigh Risks?
Do Vaccination Benefits Outweigh Risks?