Will my unborn baby be immune to chickenpox if I already had it?

Yes, your baby will receive the antibodies to fight off chickenpox through the placenta. This is called passive immunity. In fact, the immunity may persist for several months. If you are nursing, your baby will also receive immunity through the breast milk.

Continue Learning about Chicken Pox

Is chickenpox serious?
When chickenpox infects a normally healthy child, it usually will clear up without special treat...
Is there a way I can find out if I ever had chickenpox?
Yes, if you don't remember having chickenpox you can find out through a blood test. Although you...
Where on the body does the chickenpox rash spread?
The rash associated with chickenpox usually begins on the face, chest, and back, and can pretty much...
How long should I keep my child out of school with the chickenpox?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The trouble with chickenpox is that it is contagious for a good majority of the time your child has ...