What type of exercises do I need to do to keep my chest up on my toe touch?

In order to keep your chest up, you will need to improve your flexibility in your hamstrings and inner thighs and also improve the power in your core.In order to improve your flexibility, incorporate both foam rolling and static stretching.A combination of these two techniques will help you establish the length you are looking for in the muscles.Foam rolling is a form of gentle self massage whereby you use your body weight to apply pressure on your muscles.You should roll back and forth until you are able to locate a tender area.A tender spot indicates that you have a knot or adhesion, and you will need to relax it in order to maximize the length of your muscle.Hold the pressure on the knot for 20 – 30 seconds in order to relax the muscle and alleviate the knot.You should perform static stretching after your foam rolling activity and this can be accomplished by holding a stretch for 30 seconds in order maximize your length.In order to stretch your hamstrings, lay down on your back and extend one leg straight up.Grab your leg with the opposite arm and slowly pull it into your chest, stopping at the first point of tension.In order to stretch your inner thighs, step as wide as you can and then take a half of a step back with the leg that you want to stretch.Bend at the knee and hip, keeping the other leg straight.You should begin to feel the stretch in your back leg.In order to enhance your core power, add in an exercise that focuses on generating force with speed, such as a ball medicine ball overhead throw.For this exercise, you lie on your back on a stability ball and extend a medicine ball up over your head.In one explosive fashion, crunch forward and throw the medicine forward and down.Repeat this exercise 10 times.

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What stretching should I be doing to make my legs straighter in my jumps?
 In order to make sure that your legs are straighter in your jumps, you will want to work to improve...
What balance exercises should I do to improve single leg lifts as a flyer?
As a flyer in single leg lifts, you will need to work on better developing your balance in order...
Should I focus on sprints or endurance for cheerleading?
Cheerleading is a series of high-intensity anaerobic bursts, but the length of the routine deman...
What type of core training do I need to do to be a flyer in throws?
It will be important to develop high levels of power through your core to improve your throws. H...