If I am heavier, can I still be a flyer?

Maybe, there are skills and abilities that flyers need to possess in order to effectively execute lifts and throws however your ability to use those skills and abilities can sometimes be limited by your height and weight simply because of laws and physics. Typically flyers are girls between 5’0” and 5’4” because not only are they more commonly lighter and easier to lift, but also because shorter legs and arms make it easier to move quickly in the air. 

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What lower body work should I do to be better in my throws as a flyer?
Increasing your power is crucial because your throw begins with power produced from your legs. T...
How can I work circuit training into my cheerleading schedule?
Circuit training is a great way to work both a cardiovascular and strength training session into...
Will a cardio program provide leg strength and conditioning for cheer?
Strong legs are important in all aspects of cheerleading. Squats, lunges, and calf raises are comm...
What will limit me from being a flyer in tosses?
 Assuming you are of ideal height and weight, other limiting factors that may prevent you from being...