Simvastatin (Zocor) is used to treat high cholesterol. More cholesterol is made at night time, so simvastatin works better when taken at bedtime. Since simvastatin is used to lower your cholesterol, it should be used until your cholesterol is within a desired range and your doctor instructs you to stop the medication. Simvastatin can be taken with or without food ‚ you may want to follow up and talk more about this with the doctor or pharmacist who recommended you take it with a snack.
- Q Why is it recommended not to eat grapefruit with simvastatin?
- Q Are nightmares a common side effect of Simvastatin?
- Q Are twitching in legs and high bp some side effects of Simvastatin?
- Q Could Simvastatin be causing my hair to fall out?
- Q What should I avoid while taking simvastatin?
- Q How long does simvastatin take to start working?