Simvastatin (Zocor) is used to treat high cholesterol. More cholesterol is made at night time, so simvastatin works better when taken at bedtime. Since simvastatin is used to lower your cholesterol, it should be used until your cholesterol is within a desired range and your doctor instructs you to stop the medication. Simvastatin can be taken with or without food ‚ you may want to follow up and talk more about this with the doctor or pharmacist who recommended you take it with a snack.
- Q Could Simvastatin be causing my hair to fall out?
- Q Is muscle pain a side effect of Simvastatin?
- Q What should I know about Simvastatin before taking it?
- Q How does simvastatin treat high cholesterol?
- Q Do anxiety or panic attacks occur as a side effect of Simvastatin?
- Q How soon after taking simvastatin will my symptoms improve?