Simvastatin (Zocor) is used to treat high cholesterol. More cholesterol is made at night time, so simvastatin works better when taken at bedtime. Since simvastatin is used to lower your cholesterol, it should be used until your cholesterol is within a desired range and your doctor instructs you to stop the medication. Simvastatin can be taken with or without food ‚ you may want to follow up and talk more about this with the doctor or pharmacist who recommended you take it with a snack.
- Q Who should not take simvastatin?
- Q Do red hives, occurring due to simvastatin, get better with Bennadryl?
- Q Are there any risks in taking simvastatin?
- Q Can simvastatin cause plantar fasciitis?
- Q Are twitching in legs and high bp some side effects of Simvastatin?
- Q Is there a generic version of simvastatin?