Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

How can I tell if I have carbon monoxide in my home?

• A , Pharmacy, answered
    You can tell if you have carbon monoxide in your home by installing a carbon monoxide alarm, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. The alarm will go off if carbon monoxide is present. Carbon monoxide alarms also should be used in mobile homes and campers and other recreational vehicles.

It is also recommended that all fuel-burning appliances such as heaters, furnaces and stoves be professionally inspected. These preventative measures will help detect any carbon monoxide that is in the air and may allow you to fix any leaks before the carbon monoxide reaches dangerous levels.
What should I know about burning charcoal and carbon monoxide poisoning?