What is a cancer cluster?

Cancer cluster is the occurrence of a larger-than-expected number of cases of cancer within a group of people in a geographic area over a period of time.

This answer is based on source information from The National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Cancer

The Diet Defense Against Cancer
The Diet Defense Against Cancer
A good defense is essential when it comes to your health, and a new study published in JNCI Cancer Spectrum lays out just what you can do to defend yo...
How can I learn more about cancer clusters in my area?
To learn more about cancer clusters in your community and to protect you and your loved ones, follow...
Surprising Habits That May Lead to Cancer
Surprising Habits That May Lead to CancerSurprising Habits That May Lead to CancerSurprising Habits That May Lead to CancerSurprising Habits That May Lead to Cancer
These seemingly harmless habits could increase your cancer risk.
What Is Personalized Medicine in Cancer Treatment?