Will my insurance cover treatment for cancer?

A cancer diagnosis can cause financial concerns. Even if you have insurance, there are things you need to think about. Before you begin treatment, take a look at your insurance plan to see what starting treatment will cost you.

A portion of costs will be “out of pocket” with any insurance plan. See if you can get this cost automatically taken out of your bank account or paid by check or credit card.

You have to meet your deductible before your insurance company will pay for care. As soon as possible, determine what your co-payment will be for each appointment and treatment. Use this to make a budget for future treatments and doctor appointments.

You may need to find a supplemental program to cover fees that your primary insurance does not.

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Surprising Treatment for C. diff and Chemo
Tomatoes were once considered poisonous -- even in Italy! -- and early pioneers were convinced that bathing was an open invitation to catching ...
Will I have to have a colostomy after rectal cancer surgery?
Joseph P. Thornton, MDJoseph P. Thornton, MD
You may need a colostomy after surgery for rectal cancer, says Joseph Thornton, MD, a colorectal sur...
What are complications of a central venous catheter for cancer treatment?
Complications of a central venous catheter (CVC) for cancer treatment include infections at the cath...
War on Cancer
War on Cancer