What is a Mahurkar catheter for cancer treatment?

A Mahurkar catheter is a large, semi-flexible hollow tube (catheter) used for removing apheresis (certain parts from whole blood). The Mahurkar catheter is best suited for the rapid withdrawal and return of blood necessary for apheresis (the catheter is two tubes in one inside the body and separates into two tubes outside the body).

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

Aspirin and the Reduction of Cancer-Related Deaths
These days aspirin is made in a lab, but extracts from the bark of the willow tree were used to treat pain in Egypt as long ago as 3000 B.C. In 400 B....
How often should my CA-125 be tested if I'm undergoing cancer treatment?
Gustavo Rodriguez, MDGustavo Rodriguez, MD
Typically during treatment, doctors draw a CA-125 at each visit, which is essentially the day so...
What kinds of cancer can be treated with vaccine therapy?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Vaccine therapy is not appropriate for all diseases. Hematologists/oncologists currently use vacci...
What Are the Most Important Advances In Cancer Treatment?