How can I find a top cancer care facility?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Cancer treatment facilities are approved by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC). Approval as a cancer center is granted only to those facilities that voluntarily demonstrate the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment, comply with established standards, and undergoes a rigorous review every three years.

These programs diagnose and/or treat 80 percent of newly diagnosed cancer patients annually. You can find an approved cancer center at this Web site: http://www.facs.org.

The 10 Best Questions for Surviving Breast Cancer: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Drawing on cutting-edge...

Continue Learning about Cancer Treatment

What Are PD-1 and PD-L1?
What Are PD-1 and PD-L1?
Biomarker testing looks for the presence of certain biological molecules on cancer cells. When certain biomarkers are present in certain levels, it gi...
How can I feel attractive after cancer treatment?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Poor body image is an issue that cancer survivors struggle with. You may feel that your body has...
Is there a cancer vaccine?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
When it comes to cancer, two current strategies to stimulate the immune response are preventive ...
How We Can Beat Cancer?
How We Can Beat Cancer?