What are some symptoms of a second cancer?

A second cancer can present one or more symptoms such as: 
  • Changes in bowel or bladder habits
  • A sore that does not heal
  • Unusual bleeding or discharge
  • Thickening or lump in the breast or other parts of your body
  • Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
  • Noticeable change in a wart or mole
  • Nagging cough or hoarseness
  • Fatigue
  • Bone pain
  • Changes in vision
  • Constant or severe headaches
Keep in mind that having some of these symptoms does not mean that you have cancer. However, it is best to talk with your doctor if you notice these or other symptoms.

Open communication with your health care team may help them recognize signs or symptoms that are not always easy to see on your own. Also, talking with your doctor about concerns you have about second cancers may help relieve some of the anxiety that you might have.

Continue Learning about Cancer Symptoms

Why is unexplained weight loss a symptom of cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
Unexplained weight loss is a common symptom in many cancers. It is often accompanied by general loss...
Can bumps or tumors on my tongue be cancerous?
Anka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite TrainerAnka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite Trainer
Any abnormalities on the tongue should be examined by your dentist or oral surgeon to determine the ...
Is anything wrong if I have a rash, bumps, or swelling in my penis?
Rash, bumps, or swelling (other than swelling during erection) are never normal on your penis. Sever...
Does Switching to a Low Calorie to a Diet Reduce Tumor Growth in Cancer Patients?