How can eating carrots lower my risk of cancer?

Judy Caplan

Carrots are high in Vitamin A. Some studies show that vitamin A helps protect against cancer. Carrots also contain antioxidants called carotenoids. This family of antioxidants also plays a role in cancer prevention. The orange pigment in carrots contains the carotenoids.

Continue Learning about Cancer Prevention

Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Get F.I.T. to Reduce Colon Cancer Risks
Camera shots of your inner passageways are not the only way to protect you from colon cancer, there’s another early test you can take that could reduc...
Can eating tomatoes help prevent prostate and breast cancer?
The good news is that the cancers that we fear so much can be diminished substantially with a de...
What fruit can help prevent cancer?
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but when it comes to keeping cancer away you'll want fo...
Is Genetic Medicine the Future of Cancer Treatment?