Q

Testicular Cancer

How is stage I seminoma testicular cancer treated?

• A Urology, answered on behalf of
    There are three treatment options for men with stage I seminoma testicular cancer, which has a slightly better prognosis than stage I non-seminoma testicular cancer. These include:
    • X-ray therapy (XRT), which is radiation
    • A single dose of carbo, which is a type of chemotherapy.
    • Active surveillance. It is not ideal, but the prognosis of this tumor is so much better than the non-seminomas that many urologists and oncologists are willing to entertain meticulous active surveillance as a possibility. The onus is on the individual and his family to make sure that he goes for all the various scans that need to be done.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What does active surveillance of testicular cancer involve?