What can I do to reduce my exposure to acrylamide?

Alan Greene, MD
Pediatrics
Reducing exposure to acrylamide can be as easy as soaking your potatoes before cooking them and cutting the crusts off your bread. In this video, pediatrician Alan Greene, MD, provides tips on reducing your family's exposure to this toxic chemical.

Continue Learning about Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

Sweets and Cancer
Sweets and Cancer
In 1949 when Candy Land supplanted Uncle Wiggly as the Milton Bradley’s top selling board game, the old U.S. of A. was on track to becoming the larges...
Are there certain foods that cause cancer?
Lots of studies have been done on the food-cancer link. In summary, The American Institute for C...
What lifestyle choices increase my risk of cancer?
Most cancers arise from or are promoted by our lifestyle choices, such as what we eat or don't e...
What Are the Top Biomedical Research Priorities at the NIH?