What can I do to reduce my exposure to acrylamide?

Alan Greene, MD
Pediatrics
Reducing exposure to acrylamide can be as easy as soaking your potatoes before cooking them and cutting the crusts off your bread. In this video, pediatrician Alan Greene, MD, provides tips on reducing your family's exposure to this toxic chemical.

Continue Learning about Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

How to Break the Link Between Obesity and Cancer
Unfortunately, for half of you, no amount of evidence has convinced you that there’s a connection between excess weight and cancer, according to the A...
How do genetics affect my risk of developing a second cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
When cancer "runs in the family," survivors have a higher chance of developing second cancers th...
Will I get cancer if I have a cancer causing gene?
Inheriting a cancer gene does not mean that you will get cancer. It means you have an increased ...
How Can Cooking Be Changed to Reduce Acrylamide Exposure?